Sunday, October 31, 2010

My book is on amazon

My book is now out on amazon.com, and my world has changed!  I had my first school author event last Monday, and it was a huge success!  I read the first chapter from my book and after, the kids kept asking questions even after the bell rang for recess.  One of the parents emailed that her daughter read the book immediately and declared it the "best book ever"!  Very exciting!  I have my first library event coming up Nov. 16, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm having a difficult time getting author readings in bookstores, though.  I went to the NCIBA trade show and gave away about 10 books, with a free author readings flyer.  Although my cover was admired, I only have one tentative reading for February.  I think that many bookstores are busy getting ready for the holidays and don't want to order more books now.  I'll keep trying in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment